Monday, July 29, 2013

Week 23



So we'll try and keep this a little short!
As far as cool things that have happened this week... I learned how to make Tortillas with Manseca. They're pretty good. I also decided that the reason why I'm losing weight here even though I'm in a car and not bike is because I don't eat as many tortillas as I was eating in Napa. I ate a lot of tortillas in Napa. But, according to a member here, tortillas are how you find a wife. Let me explain, we were at dinner and I was telling her how much I loved the tamales. and she proceeded to say
"When you get home, you need to find a Mexican wife."
I replied, "I know! It's in the plans sister!"
"But she can't be lazy. There are some that are lazy."
"What do you mean, lazy?"
"Well, if you want to marry her and find out, just tell her this 'Make me tortillas, make me tamales, and then you can marry me!'"
I almost spit out what I was drinking because I was laughing so hard after that. The bad thing is she was being serious. Hermana Witt told me "No! Elder Foster, don't ever say that!" Needless to say, it was funny. And I don't ever plan on saying that.
I was on exchanges with Elder Albert, our Zone Leader from Guam. He is exactly 5 feet tall. We were knocking on doors, and aPit Bull bit him in the face. It was bad, but he just punched the dog, it was pretty funny. He was ok. I guess in Guam he got bit a lot, and he just found that punching dogs helped.
This is from Elder Hansen (Josh?) " There's no wife yet... There are some Potentials though... Some of them wont leave me alone haha... But really...."
The work is going good! We get transfer doctrine this week, hopefully Elder Lopez stays!
I've been reading in the Book of Mormon in Spanish where Ammon is teaching King Lamoni. It's so cool. King Lamoni pretty much tells him "Yeah, take my really, really, really attractive Lamanite daughter for your wife!!" And Ammon is all like "No, vos, I'm just here to serve you." And then Ammon proceeds to just slice off arms and bring the Spirit in hardcore while he teaches. It's pretty cool. The Book of Mormon is true!
Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment