Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 18

Well, Napa, it's been fun.
The time has come for me to move on. The new missionary that I was team training is taking over Napa from me! I'm going to Fairfield this Wednesday to serve with Elder Angel Moroni Lopez. He was here in Napa when I got here, and I'm excited to serve as his companion! Elder Debora will do great things here. But I ended it here well! We had a baptism yesterday of an investigator that I found and started teaching, and I feel like I've done my part to help Napa. Elder Hansen left about an hour ago, and I'm pretty sad. He was like a brother, helped me change so much. I have such a better understanding of the power of the calling Elder. He worked me hard, and we truly had a great transfer. We had fun, and he is such a good example of the missionary I want to become.
We had the baptism of Lupe Garza yesterday! She was an absolutely fantastic investigator, and I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to teach here! She was so happy when she was baptized. I gave the missionary moment and shared the Restoration. She has the light of Christ. She will be such an example to everyone that she knows. She will lead to a ton of baptisms in Napa, I have no doubt.
The rest of the week was good. Mostly just teaching Lupe and a few other investigators. I really feel as though the Lord is helping me with my Spanish. I don't feel like there are too many problems. My vocabulary isn't huge, but I can understand almost everything and I had someone tell me that my accent was good, and my grammar was perfect. It was such a confidence boost. I was talking to a girl in the branch who is going on a mission to Peru, and when she told me that my spanish is awesome. It was great!
Oh we also had a wedding on Saturday! It was fun.
That's it for this week! The Church is true, the book is blue! I have no doubt that whoever reads the Book Of Mormon with an open mind will realize that this gospel is 100 % true. I know that Jesus is the Savior. The work is hastening, I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be here on a mission!
Elder Mufosta

IMG_0398.JPG

 IMG_0391.JPG


 

No comments:

Post a Comment