Sunday, July 21, 2013

Week 20



Another beautiful week here in Fairfield!

So I guess I'll start off with what everyone was asking me about, the fourth of July! We did possibly the best service project ever in the morning. We were barricade guards for the parade! So all we had to do was make sure cars didn't plow down the barricades, and by that, our service project was essentially watch the parade. It was so much fun! A member from a ward here started talking to us over there and she told us she had something for us. She said "I'm not really supposed to do this, so..." and she proceeded to shove $20 in my shirt pocket and then ran. Booked it! In red white and blue heels. It was crazy! She really wasn't supposed to do that. But I know she'll receive blessings, and Elder Lopez and I got pizza! It was great. And since we live close to downtown, we got to see the fireworks after we finished planning! It was a good fourth!

We set two more baptismal dates, one with the sister of a less active. She came to church and brought her sister as well! We also had 5 other less actives in Sacrament Meeting, and 3 bore their testimonies and pretty much stated that they are going to start coming back to church! It was crazy.
This is from my email to President Alba "I've been praying to get the help that we need from the members. I feel like we really need them. Right now we only have about 2 or 3 members that are coming out with us (we're working on bringing Johnathon, a member preparing for his mission!) and it's just ben hard for us to teach member presents. I recieved an answer to my prayers! A new couple moved into the branch. She served in this mission, and her husband is from here. While we were eating with them, they asked us what they could do to help us out. I was shocked! It was so great to get that question asked! She said they're prepared to give rides to church, attend lessons, visit investigators outside of our lesson. It was wonderful, they are a miracle here! We'll be using them for sure."
Sorry if that was lazy, but I didn't want to have to type it up again!

Things are good! There's a sign here downtown that sayd "Fairfield, The Seat of Solano County" and it's probably because Fairfield is stinky. But it's ok because the Hispanic people are really great!
We have Zone Conference this Wednesday, so that should be fun!
Hope everything is going well!
Love you all!
Elder Mufosta









No comments:

Post a Comment