Monday, July 22, 2013

Week 22



Here I am in week 22, it was full of miracles and I'm loving it here!
To start off, our cholo investigator called us a day when we didn't have dinner, told us he made a carne asada, and to come eat with him. I'm about 98% sure on the way we got transported to Mexico while driving over there. We ate carne asada, there were stray dogs rnning around and we were giving them the bones, and then we heard a rooster crow. He then led us to the backyard, where he is raising chickens. Not normal chickens, mind you, Mexican chickens. And with these Mexican chickens, we see two large, separate cages. He is breeding Cock-Fighting gallos. Two of them now. He doesn't fight them, he sells them, but we're talking like 10 pound roosters, long feathers, huge talons. It was crazy. I'll put in some pictures. On Saturday we had Carnitas with him, which is like where they throw the whole pig into the pot, stomach skin, and all. The skin was good, but he made me try the stomach, and so I was throwing up quite a bit Saturday Nioght. It was not sanitary. I will also send a picture of that.

Maria de Jesus is also super excited to get baptized. She and the Cholo both came to church.

But that's not all! In church, I had the opportunity to give a 20 minute talk on missionary work. 20 minutes in Spanish. I pulled about 15, but it was good. People laughed when they were supposed to, and lots of people told me after that they liked it.

On Friday we ate lunch with a less active named Rafaela. We got along really well, and then she brought her neice and a friend to Sacrament meeting!

That's still not all. A different less active brought her sister, her brother in law and all their kids to Sacrament meeting. All in all, we had 68 people in Sacrament, 13 more than last week, and 20 more than my first week. The Lord is hastening his work. Our Branch President stopped us after and told us "Hey Elders, slow down! I can't keep up with the work you're doing!" I don't mean to sound prideful, but it was really good to hear that considering how slow it was when we got here. I love Fairfield! I miss Napa, but it's great.

And speaking of Napa, Lupe messaged me on Facebook and told me that she is now a Branch Missionary! I'm so stoked for her.
Ok, that's it for this week! Love you!
Elder Foster









No comments:

Post a Comment