Sunday, July 21, 2013

Week 21

I have no time in the library right now! I have to start a Facebook page as a missionary and I have very little time!

Things are going really well here in Fairfield! We had an event for the branch, we called it the Jim West Concert. The branch had been having trouble getting people to go to activities before (Elder Lopez said no one came to the last one, and the one before only had two families), so we were a little nervous about the concert. But it turned out fantastic! We had about 35-40 people show up. A non-member family, lots of less actives, and quite a few members! We were really excited with how well it turned out. Everyone had a great time, and we are going to return and talk to some people from the non member family! All in all, I'd say it was a success. We're going to start working on a mission plan for the branch. Not one that people will hang on their fridge and forget about, but one that will get them excited to start working with us more!

We've been teaching Maria De Jesus, and she's doing great. The hard part is that her sister, Anita, is less active and doesn't obey all of the commandments. She's not a great example for Maria De Jesus, and so Maria De Jesus is having to be an example to Anita. The roles are reversed, but hopefully we'll be able to reactivate Anita and baptize Maria De Jesus. 

With our less active Cesar, we are starting to work with the teachers quorom in the Fairfield 1st ward. We're going to start having kids be at lessons with us, and they'll invite him to activities and church through texting and Facebook. I think he'll start coming again.

Next week Hermana Billet and I are giving talks on our missions. I'm going to talk about how I've seen success while working with members, and encourage them all to work with us more. We shouldn't be separate. They should help us as we help them. I'm sure we'll get to that point
.
I also went on a Hmong exchange this week. There's a Hmong branch here (if you don't know what that is, think Clint Eastwood, Gran Turino). We ate a Hmong barbequ for lunch, which was fantastic! Like American, but better. And for dinner a member took us to eat Pho and Boba! It was awesome.
Everything is still great! I don't want to be a Facebook missionary, but I guess that the First Presidency has a plan and I better follow it!
Love,
Elder Foster



You can put this in my weekly letter as well "Everything is going great with Elder Lopez. I really love working with him. We have a great friendship and we work hard. He lifts me up when I need it and I lift him up when he needs it. We're pushing each other to work hard and to be the best that we can be. I know I'm here with him for a reason. We're doing good work in Fairfield with the help of the Lord."
 
I'll respond a little bit more in detail to the questions you asked-
Mission President is great. We had zone conference this last week (I'll send pictures next week and he's doing great. I pretty much copied my letter to him in my weekly email this week, but I'll write more about it and spiritual experiences in my next letter (where I'm at in the Libro de Mormon personally, what I lioke about it, all that jazz!)
But There are only four elders in our district. It's pretty lame. Elder Lopez is our District leader. It's not like Napa, with 11 of us in a District. Our zone is good, it covers here, Rio Vista, and Cordelia. The Sisters in our branch our great, but Sister Witt is a little up tight and does not get along with Elder Lopez. I pretty much am the one talking to her. That's a bummer, but they're both babies about it. We'll have a branch comp inventory.
I hope I answered everything!
I'll write more next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment