Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week 97

Hey family! So this has been a wild and crazy week. I don't really know where to start, so I guess we'll get the big story out of the way.

It was early Saturday morning, around 1:33AM when I wake up to THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD "OPEN THE DOOR!" There were a few more seconds of silence, I thought I might have been dreaming until I heard THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD "WE CAN SEE YOU THROUGH THE BACK WINDOW, WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE, OPEN UP OR WE ARE BREAKING THE DOOR DOWN!" So at this point I'm thinking "feeeeeeetch" because there were two things that were sure- there was more than one person outside and we were going to have to put up a fight Clint Eastwood style. and I wake up Elder Rasch and I tell him "there are people outside trying to get in!" So then we wake everybody up, Elder Rasch grabs his lacrosse stick, I grab my knife, and Elder Whitaker grabs a dumbbell with no weight on it while we put Elder B and Elder K in the bathroom because, let's face it, they can't fight. So we are crouched down, I grab the phone and dial 911. I tell them the situation and the address, and their response is "you should probably open the door, it's the clearlake police." So then we were like what the heck? And so it was actually cops and they had a K-9 unit and they were trying to get into the upstairs apartment but since they were knocking on the door with a baton it sounded like they were knocking on our door. Anyway, we didn't have to crack any skulls, but I think I've played enough Legend of Zelda and Morrowind to know how to knife fight. Anyway, I couldn't sleep because of the adrenaline pumping. 

We also picked up a new investigator and then dropped him a few days later. Basically what it came down to for him was that "There is only one Cheese! There is lots of churches, but there is only one cheese!" He was trying to say Jesus, but he was just too Mexican. 

So there was another cool story! On New Years Eve we were out proselyting and we had so,e formers named Yessica and Paulina with absolutely no information  about them, so it was the last house we decided to try for the day. We knocked on the door and this old Hispanic lady answered and so we asked for the names and she was like "niƱas, les hablan" and so this teenage Hispanic girl comes to the door and so then we had to have that whole awkward "oh well we promise we weren't trying to find the teenage girls to enter into polygamous relationships, but anyway we are servants of Jesus Christ..." So they let us in to say a prayer with the family, we left a house blessing and the adults told us they were Jehovah's Witnesses and they weren't interested, and we had to head to dinner but then one of the daughters, the older teenage one, said "wait, I'm actually interested." And so basically it turns out that she hates her parent's religion and knows a few Mormons from her school, and it was super duper cool and we are going back Tuesday to teach her!! Pray for Yessica and Paulina!

Well that was the week. Love you guys!

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment