Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week 93

This week has been a weird week, but I guess in Clearlake weird is normal.

First off, I went on exchanges to Kelseyville with Elder Delgado.
Elder Means lives in the same apartment in Kelseyville. He was a
missionary in the Ukraine but then they shipped them all out from that
mission and now he ended up here. Well he goes home with me, and he
was talking about how he was super nervous about dating and he's going
home to Provo. Well, I told him that he could go on a date with Sammie
and that I would double with him. That now gives Sammie the
responsibility to find a cute Hispanic to go on a date with me for the
double date.

Onto missionary work. Well, as I said, Clearlake is weird. And
dangerous. Well we decided to walk around in a neighborhood the other
day and while we were walking we saw down an alleyway and there were
three Mexicans yelling at each other and one was holding a machete and
waving it around and so we got out of there. That's a normal day out
here.

There is a less active Hispanic family here called the Mendozas. The
grandma is very eccentric but also incredibly vulgar and nuts. Well
she told us to not forget them and when we have kids we have to bring
them to her. Now every instinct of my very being tells me not to ever
being anyone under the age of 17 to that neighborhood, but I promised
her that I would on the condition that she came to church. She
promised.

The Diaz family wrote me a letter and they are super excited for their
sealing! They should be sending you guys and invitation/ Christmas
card in the mail soon!

Last night a member made us bearritos. Basically bear is a staple food
here in the Highlands wars since there is a yearly bear hunting trip.
Well bearritos were good!

You guys should all post he is the gift on your facebook with the
hashtag #heisthegift
Christmas.mormon.org



No comments:

Post a Comment