Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week 94

The 5 week transfer is finished! Now we are in week 1 of a 7 week transfer, my last transfer in the field. As far as transfers goes, the biggest news is that Elder Wright is going AP! That's right, I raise my boys right! Anyway, I'm super proud of him and he's going to be the studliest AP. Here's a picture of me and him at the temple this last Wednesday

Elder Ford and Elder Herrmann are going home. Elder Rasch and Elder Kay are staying the same. I will be getting two new companions- Elder Whitaker who is the only Spanish Elder from my generation and I will be training. President Alba wants us both to be district leader, but I'm going to ask him if I can just focus on training since I'm the assigned trainer and then Elder Whitaker can be the DL. Being in a trio sucks, but just one more transfer. 

I don't know if you guys have been watching the weather, but it rained really really hard up here and the city of Clearlake flooded. So we filled up a couple hundred sandbags in the pouring rain, filled up people's cars with them, and we took about 30 for us to help out some less actives (Alma Hernandez, one of the Spanish less actives that we helped came to church!). 

Pretty much every street looked like this. Thank goodness for trucks! There was actually a lot of home damage to a lot of people... Pretty much everyone flooded so it was sad but it was cool to see the ward band together. 




On Wednesday we went to the temple. It was really cool, my last temple trip of the mission! Afterwards we went to Applebee's in Napa. The lady that seated us asked where we were all from and it turns out that she is from Orem! We had a different waitress, but while we were waiting for our food the girl from Orem came up and told us she was a member but her husband wasn't and she didn't know where to go in Napa for church and she wanted her husband to listen to the missionaries! So we gave her a card and the address of the church and the Napa 1st Ward elders.

We also made delicious hamburgers, steak, and sausage. Check it out.




Propane. Taste the meat and not the heat.

This week has been good, but because of the flooding and all the rain on a daily basis it has been hard to visit investigators, but this next week should be awesome. Love you!

Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment