Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week 90

So here I am writing from Clearlake, California! Did you guys know
that the toothbrush was invented in Clearlake? If it had been invented
anywhere else it would have been called the teethbrush!

I feel like it was way way way over a week ago that I was in Crescent
City. We bowled and had a good last time together as a district. I
said goodbye to the Tinsleys after P Day and we closed it off by one
last Jone's soda at the beach. That night Elder Mortenson and I drove
down to Arcata and we spent the night. The next morning we went to the
Eureka chapel and loaded our stuff into the transfer trailer and went
to Santa Rosa. In Santa Rosa I saw some of my best friends, Hna
Fernandez, Elder Spanish Tyson Smith, Elder Fonseca, and Elder Contla.
It was awesome. We had transfer devotional and then loaded up our
stuff in the truck and headed up to Lake County. I drove with Elder
Wright and Elder Delgado. We went to Taco Bell in Santa Rosa. The cool
part is that Guy Fieri or whatever his name is has a restaurant right
across the street called "Johnny Garlic's" it looks way good.

We are in an English Ward, the Highlands Ward, but really it should be
an English branch. It's smaller than the Vallejo and Woodland Spanish
branches by a huuuuge number. In my district is us, a companionship of
sisters who serve in the Middletown Ward, a senior couple, and english
elders from Kelseyville. One of them is 26, the other served half his
mission in the Ukraine and them got shipped over here when things hit
the fan. Elder Wright is my zone leader which is way awesome. We are
in a 5 man pad. Elder Kay is in his second transfer and is really
weird and doesn't really know how to talk to people, like not even us
as missionaries. Elder Rasch also lives with us, he's way sick. He was
born in Fairfield with Elder Wright so I've known him for a long time.
He's from Park City and the 5 of us are in the Highlands Ward.

We live super close to the lake, and the water is disgusting. I mean
Elder Rasch and I had diarrhea because of it. I bought 4 gallons of
water to get me through the week. The city is kind of just falling
apart. It's a huge meth and marijuana city. Every neighborhood is just
dirt roads or potholes and mobile homes.

We have a really cool family that we are teaching, the Batrez family.
They are super cool. They have been talking to missionaries for a long
time but have never come to church, so we are going to get them to
chuch!

That's about it for the week. Love you guys!

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment