Saturday, July 12, 2014

Week 68

Well, here it is! My first email as a 20 year old.
How does it feel? Not too different actually. Doing the same stuff
day! So here are some good things from this week.

On Monday after P Day we went to go visit a family from El Salvador that we contacted. They were so nice! They let us in, we did some how to begin teaching points and the spirit was really strong! They had a church, but it was relocated to San Fran a few years ago. Well he has a 19 year old son who got here like 7 months ago and doesn't speak any English, and a 14 year old son on his way over. Manuel (the dad) has no idea where his son is right now since it's pretty much like crazy getting over here, but he's sure he'll be here soon. The 19 year old is super funny, he's pretty glad to have people his age talk to him in Spanish, he's super nice. We have a lesson with them tonight and they're making pupusas! So I'm stoked for that.

We also taught a cool lesson to Gustavo and Maria, some other
investigators. We mostly go over because she is really solid, but she works on   Sundays. And their daughters are super nice and love us, but hate their parents. So we taught the parents family prayer and promised that it would bless their family a ton. They said they are going to start doing it.

Last night we taught a less active as well. It was the first time I
had ever met him. Elder Minkler had met him, but never taught him.
He's really busy with work, he still has a testimony that the church
is true, but since he works 7 days a week he can't really do anything
about it.

So now for my birthday! It was super awesome! I got the package on my actual birthday! You guys are the best. The shirt fits perfect and looks super good! And the cards were funny. When I read what Sam wrote about Streetlight Manifesto, I laughed so hard that I cried. It was the best! And you guys know just what snacks I like too, so thanks so much!
After I got the package, Elder Wright and Elder Carrillo picked us up and we met up with the Diaz family at the church! We went to Rubios. It was so good to talk to them again! They are doing really well. They were really happy to see Elder Wright and I together again. So they gave me some good news- in Fairfield, Elder Lopez and I had this investigator named Dulce. She was nice, but we got to the point where we were teaching too many lessons and she wasn't coming to church so we dropped her. At the CDA cares dentist service thing we did, I told the Fairfield missionaries to go visit her. Well they did, and Sister Diaz said that a few hours earlier Dulce had gotten a call that a family member had been killed. They taught her the plan of Salvation, and she's been going to church!
Well we ate at Rubios, and it was just so nice to visit with them! We talked about their sealing. We talked about the branch and even the good old times when we used to go teach them. We all laughed about how apprehensive they were to let their kids learn since they didn't want their kids to be confused, how Danny didn't really care too much at first, and about how  scared they were for the interview. It was super awesome. They gave me a super cool card. It actually would have been super cheesy, but like since it was from them it was super special. They said they think the card company made it especially for me.

After that we did a blitz, which is where we go off on exchanged with another missionary to one area and the whole zone works around in that area. It was way fun, and as a birthday present I even heard someone blasting Ben Folds 5 in their garage. Good free beats!

We went to dinner with the Mora family. It was actually the birthday party for their daughter and a ton of people were there so they just put us in the garage. It was actually super nice just to relax and eat and have fun! Unfortunately, Victor, who is he brother of Brother Mora wasn't there, and he always listens to the best Spanish ska music. So no free beats there, but I'll live.

And when I got back to the pad, there were 6 elders waiting there and they yelled surprise when I walked in and I almost had a heart attack. It was super funny. We all drank a glass Mountain Dew. Fun times. Elder Or even told me I was his favorite Spanish Elder, which is good because Elder Or is a stud.

On Sunday our branch mission leader and his wife (she teaches gospel principles) brought cake to gospel principles for my birthday haha.They also gave me a tie. I'll send some pictures!

So all in all, it was a good birthday! And a good week. We contacted on the streets and knocked doors a lot, but unfortunately didn't teach as many lessons as we would have liked. This week will be better for sure!

Love you guys!

Elder Foster





 Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment