Saturday, July 12, 2014

Week 67

First week of the new transfer is now done! So we moved into the new apartment and I'm tiiiiiiiicked. Super duper chapped! We cleaned out our apartment for the new sisters and it was shining. Well, all 4 of the Elders living  in the apartment we are in now were whitewashed out and they left it in shambles. Trash everywhere, so much food, and a ton of clothes that are now being given to goodwill since they didn't pack them up. We spent a goooooood amount of time cleaning.
I went to instacare wednesday for my wrist. It is sprained, I have a brace for it, and no bike riding this week. And some super strong ibuprofuen pills that I got a prescription for. But it's all good!
When Elder Wright and I saw each other we each gave each other like the biggest hug ever! It's so good to be with him again!!!! It's been the sweetest. Just talking about the good ol days of Fairfield! And catching up on all the stuff that's happened since then. We've both changed a lot. It's crazy because he's been out longer than I had been when I started training him! Time flies!
Another cool thing is Adrian and Jackie are doing really well! They are starting to read the Book of Mormon together, the divorce is finishing up so they should be able to get married soon and then he can get baptized! The only problem is that they didn't come to church yesterday. I was chapped. We're stopping by tonight to see what's up.
Gustavo, our crazy investigator, came to church yesterday though. I don't think he's too solid, but his wife is. The only problem is that she works during church, and every time we teach them, he dominates the lesson. So we're going to invite her to a Member's home to learn. And see if she can start working in the afternoon on Sundays so that she can come to church in the morning. We had a good lesson with him, though, in the house of Hermana Alonso. She's the best member ever. She's in charge of the dinner calendar.
President and Sister Alba showed up at church yesterday. I think my heart stopped when I saw her. Every time I see them I start thinking about everything from the last two weeks that would make him come visit me. Like saying the word "fetch" when I fell off my bike or wearing a tie that was too skinny. Luckily, he just wanted to come see the branch. So that was awesome.
So we went to go do some service with a member, his name is Victor. we start walking up and then all I know is I hear ska. So get this- he loves hispanic ska. Like Ska-P and stuff. So with my hurt wrist, I sat next to the stario (sterio? How the heck do you spell that in english?) and listened and talked to him about it while the other Elders shoveled rocks into a trailer. good times, good times. We are going over to their house for a birthday party for his niece (member of the branch as well) for dinner next saturday! Which is also my birthday. So it will be a great day!
I heard some gunshots pretty close to where we were tracting, so that is a good Vallejo experience.
It's been a good week though. Just mostly finding and cleaning and moving and all that jazz. We are visiting the members in our area a lot more. Like the active ones, asking them for referrals, it's been pretty succesful. We have some solid sounding people we plan on visiting this week.
Well, that's it for this week!
Love you guys! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment