Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 53

Well, here it is! I hit my one year mark. Can you believe it? I can't. It's flown by. Without a doubt it has been the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my whole life. It's definitely the most important thing I've ever had to do. And the most rewarding. I've grown a lot, but I'm definitely not even close to where I want to be. In Preach My Gospel I read a super cool part that said (when referring to prayer and a prayer scale, but I decided that it applies to life) Where are you? Where do you want to be? What are you going to do to change? I decided that those three questions combined with prayer are pretty much the basis for any self evaluation on a Spiritual level. So I hope to be applying that daily.
I'm actually super sad I've been out this long. I can't really describe it. But I'm not like sad... It's just like sad that... I don't know how to describe it. But I love every moment of it. Even the moments that suck. It's all good! 

To celebrate, we went to the temple! It was amazing. Probably the best session I've ever been too. I can't really talk about it too much, but it can say that I had a great prayer. I'm still riding the Spiritual High. It's probably the best I've felt since I've been here in Woodland, and I hope to keep it up for a long time. I bought a journal at Deseret Book, and I'm using it as a study journal/ spiritual journal. For the things I learn and sacred experiences. I love it.

I just really can't describe how good I feel right now. Things might not be the greatest with my comp, but I'm super happy.

Elder Contla, in high school, took a sewing class called "Fiber Arts." So the other night while doing some serious tie trades, I picked a tie I wanted, but the back was messed up. He said "Don't worry, I'll just fiber arts it back together." It was super hilarious.

I have had some fantastic studies as well. Every day I am studying for language study the Book of Mormon for 30 minutes, but in addition to that, for Persona, Study every day I've been reading the New Testament in Spanish. It's super awesome. I haven't read the Mew Testament since I was 14, and I feel like it is really fulfilling. Some things that stuck out to me were in Matthew 22:17-21 where Jesus talks about rendering unto Cesar what is from Cesar.  Jesus says that we should render unto God what is of God. I have always thought this supported tithing, but there is more. What else is from God? We are. In the words of James E. Talmage, we are Spiritual Mintage. And because of that we need to consecrate ourselves.

There is also the parable of the wedding feast and the wedding garment. It made no sense, so I used Jesus the Christ as a study guide. That section is amazing. You guys should read it.

Well, I love you! I miss you. Thanks for all the love, support, and packages in the last year. I hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment