Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 50

This email is coming in a little bit late because we went to go give service to a Less Active named H. We were working on his car. He's in a nasty divorce situation, and pretty much he asked us to help him just to be able to talk to him. It was a good experience, he's an awesome guy. We do Family Home Evening with him and his 3 kids every Monday. He has a 10 year old who is the most mature 10 year old I've ever met. Elder Sabin last week said "I think he was foreordained to help his dad." I have no doubt that that is true. They're a great family. 

So here is some awesome news- the guy Marcos to whom we gave a Book of Mormon? He's going to get baptized this Saturday! So even though I might not have been able to teach or baptize him, someone that I gave a Book of Mormon to is now getting baptized. Some plan the seeds, others cosechar (I don't know the exact translation of this) but everyone is blessed. Hopefully this helps his roommate to continue progressing and to return to activity.


On the other hand- none of our investigators came to church today. Super lame. So pretty much everyone that we are teaching is getting put on the back burner in order to put the priority on new people that we are teaching. We found this really awesome lady that we contacted getting out fonder car with her two year old son. She was getting back from exercising and was really friendly. She told me she had just gotten out of the hospital the last week. I asked her what was up, she told me it was because she was pregnant. She had a stroller turned the other way so that I couldn't see what was in it. I asked if it was her baby, and she told me that her babied had died. So she was really really excited to see us and to have us share a message with her. She's super sweet. The cool thing is that before we talked to her this Spanish Seventh Day Adventist guy bashed with us for 20 minutes (well, I didn't bash with him. But I did tell him to get his facts straight and that the Solomon Spaulding argument was disproved in 1890's [also, don't look him up. You'll find a mess of anti, I'm sure]) and so if he hadn't talked to us for forever, we would have never contacted her.

We also picked up this family with this dude named Alfonso. He only has one arm. So lots of good things in the area.

Other good thing- I'm eating paella on Wednesday. With a Spaniard from the branch. 

For February, I have new goals. No more eating out, no more soda, only 2 tortillas with every meal. Because saben que I'm getting fat. So right now my goal is 135. Trying to get down 20 pounds. The only exception is a Baja Blast Mountain Dew Freeze for $1 during happy hour at Taco Bell on Fridays for weekly planning. That's my cheat day. Because YOLO. Also, healthy subway sandwiches because I have a ton of money to subway

So pretty much we're just knocking and contacting all the time. If we don't teach the lesson we have planned, we just contact or knock doors instead if trying to visit someone else. Because I'm sick of the people we teach not coming to church.

We had Zone a Conference. I learned awesome stuff. It was pretty much on the four cornerstones of the church. We learned how to present the first vision, and I tried it in a lesson. When I did it, the lady cried while I was saying it. It was awesome. We had a pre zone conference meeting for the ZL's and DL's where they taught us some new stuff to try for district meetings. It was cool.

I read a super cool talk by Tad Calister called Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the Restoration. You guys should listen to it. It's super awesome. He kind of throws down, but not too hard. He spoke at the MTC while I was there and he did the CES Devotional a few weeks ago. My money is on him for next apostol. I'm also studying an Institute book called Principles of Leadership every night before I go to bed. A lot of good stuff in there. I wish I would have had more time to take institute classes before my mission.

So the work is good. Just trying to talk to 20 new people a day and get people to church. I love you guys a lot and I miss you! Not the bad kind of missing you guys where I just think about home all the time and I don't want to be here, but I do miss you guys. Have a wonderful week and be safe!

Elder Foster 

No comments:

Post a Comment