Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 49

To start off this letter, I'm gonna lay something on you guys - Elder Lopez is now Angel Moroni Lopez. He finished his mission!! And as we speak is now in Oklahoma. I can hardly believe it.

The Diaz family wrote me, and I got the letter on Tuesday. It was probably the most amazing letter that I have ever received. They told me about all of the blessings and miracles that they are seeing in their lives. Danny started to go to seminary in Cordelia, and because of that, he learned that a ton of people his age are Mormons too and he didn't even know since he's going to the Spanish branch. Brenda has a friend that is getting really into the church. Danny and Eduardo are passing the sacrament now as well. They are doing really well.

This part is good for the blog. Another cool miracle - remember the guy Marcos that I wrote about in the last email? Well I was at church waiting for Alicia, when he comes up to me and shakes my hand! Last week he went to the other church we have in Woodland, then the other missionaries called him (the missionaries to whom we gave his number) and he is just loving it all! He told me he's been reading the Book of Mormon and that he's going to get baptized! I can't even believe it.

In addition to that, California is in a serious drought. I guess up here it is always raining in the winter, but since I came to the mission last April, it has only rained 5 times, less than one time a transfer. Which is super bad, because that means no water for the grapes, no water for drinking, it could get pretty serious. So the First Presidency has asked that we pray for rain, and that on Fast Sunday we fast for rain. You don't have to participate, just a crazy story. The weather feels good now, but it won't starting in April or May. 

Alicia is killing me. She said she was going to come to a Baptism, so while we were waiting we called her, but it turns out that she had to watch her kids. So on the phone, she told us she was coming to church and had a ride. Buuuuuuut she didn't come. Which is SUPER LAME. So we'll see what's up soon. We have a lesson with her and Joel tomorrow.

Even though she didn't come to church, it was a funny day. I was with Elder Verdugo and Elder Contla, since Elder Sabin and Elder Fonseca got sick. In sacrament meeting, we had a confirmation for a 25 year old. I was blessing the sacrament, so I was on the stand while she was being confirmed. She has a 2 year old son who loves me a ton. So during the confirmation, while my eyes were closed, he hopped into my lap, which is against the rules. So I moved him next to me, and he was pretty quiet. Then, while I was blessing, he runs up to the stand, and starts eating he pieces of the bread off of the tray during the prayer. I had to stop for 3 seconds just to not laugh. And then, instead of staying for the rest of sacrament meeting, I went with a member to take the sacrament to the branch missionary. While I was gone, Elder Verdugo was asked to speak, and as he looked around the chapel, he realized I was gone. Since I hadn't told him (I told Elder Contla) where I was going, he got a little worried that I was missing, perhaps and I came in right as he finished. So an eventful day at church!

I guess that's it for this week. Other than some bad Taco Bell, all in all a good week. We are in a 5 man pad until Elder Verdugo peaces, and until then Elder Contla is sleeping on an air mattress. Elder Fonseca is sick, I'm so excited to be with him again.


That's my week! It was awesome, and I love my area. Spanish is good. The branch is wonderful. I also put myself in charge of the dinner calendar since the Hermanas didn't do it super well. District Leadering is going well. My district is fantastic, even though we're small. I love them and we have fun. Hermana Fernandez and I pretty much just talk in Spanish, because it's nice to have someone to talk with that is a native!!! I do miss native companions. 

love, Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment