Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 31



So here we are in Fairfield, a new week, a new transfer, and a new companion! But to start off we'll go back to when Elder Lopez was still here on Tuesday night.
We ate with our Branch Missionary Food Coordinator. She's a recent convert, her husband was less active for a while and pretty much has the coolest conversion story (was confirmed the day before I got to Fairfield) but that is a story for another day! She made Carne Asada, which was delicious, like always, but then also made colte de camaron. It's like a giant mug, and it has shrimp and octopus in it, with a lot of liquid. It's like a cold soup. And then we put lime and avocados and pico de gallo and valentina in it, then eat it, then drink it. So that was kind of weird. But then literally 30 minutes after we ate we went to a less active's house, and she had made flautas for our appointment with her and we had to shove them down and I was literally about to throw up that night. I ate so much. And that night I was literally pn the toilet for 15 minutes. It wasn't the best day on the mission.
But then it was time to get out new comps! My new comp is Elder Wright. He's super cool. He is from Arizona. His Spanish could be better, we're working on memorizing conjugations, but it's ok! I'm patient, because I remember my Spanish and my trainer. He's very open and asks questions  I can tell he's going to be a great missionary, he's just a little hard on himself. Really humble though.
We had trouble finding people until yesterday night, where we found a family of 6 and left them a blessing and they accepted a return visit, found a less active I've been trying to contact for 3 months, and contacted like crazy! So all in all a good way to finish off the week.
It's been a sweet week! I'm excited to keep working here with Elder Wright!

No comments:

Post a Comment