Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 33

I can't believe that this transfer is half over already! It's going by too quickly!
So this week... I'm trying to think past conference, but I can only think of about two things! We'll start there and then lead it up to conference.
Both of these happened yesterday after conference. We went to a street to go do some contacting, and I told Elder Wright that he was leading, mostly because I honestly had no idea where to go. He started walking, and wouldn't you know it a memebr from our branch was sitting and talking with a non member! Let me give you a little background so that you can picture it in your minds- C. is the member. She's about 60something and from the Dominican Republic. If you saw her, you wouldn't think that she speaks Spanish because she's black. But she also doesn't speak Spanish like most Dominicans, she speaks really slow and she has crazy eyees "She has crazy eyes..." So she was talking to her friend about why she hasn't ever talked to the missionaries, and we came up and she said "Hola Elders, we were just talking about you! this is my friend Ce, she wants to meet with you but she doesn't have a lot of time." And her friend said "Do you  think you could meet with me? Do you have time?" So I got out my planner and though really hard for all of about .009 seconds and we set up an appointment and it was great!
We also have a less active that I've been trying to get a hold of for a long  time. Well we were getting out of our car on a busy street has he was turning, and he stopped his car in the middle of the street and started talking to us! People area honking, but we did manage to get his address and talk to him for a few seconds. So it all worked out!
Ok now for the highlight of the week! Conference!
Exactly 6 months ago I made a deal with God. Normally I would think that you can't do that, but he pulled through on his part, so I think that it worked out. After going to last conference mostly in Spanish, I told him I was going to read El Libro de Mormon in Spanish every day. I asked him if I did that, would he help me get better at Spanish to the point where I would understand the next conference. Elder Garrity and I watched Priesthood and the Sunday sessions in Spanish- and I understood!!! Not just certain words, I listened to and learned from their talks with only a little less understanding than I would have had had I been watching in English! Pretty much I've been really blessed by God as far as Spanish goes.
But conference! Wow!!! It was so amazing! I loved it all! the focus on Christ and repentance, the focus on creating, as Richard G Maynes stated "Spiritual Stamina," all the talks by the First Presidency were so full and powerful! Both talks by Eyring, Both talks by Uchtdorf, All of Thomas S Monson's talks, M. Russel Ballard and S. Gifford Nielsens throwdowns about missionary work! David A. Bednar has given two conference talks in a row on different commadments (Last year's talk "We Believe en Being Chaste"). It was all so great. Prebably better than Christmas. I can't wait for the Liahona to come.
I set a few mission goals, but one goal I did set for my life is that I will never miss a session of Conference. If I have to, I will watch it as soon as possible after. I can't imagine why we wouldn't watch conference. We are litterally hearing the voice of God through the Prophet and apostles!
Well, that was my week. everything overshadowed by conference.
I love you all! thank you for your support!
Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment