Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 32



I'm here still in Fairfield!
IIm trying to think of what to write, of what has happened!!! So Elder Aidukaitis came from the 70 to teach us some new things. He was the first Geneeral Authority Devotional I had in the MTC. It was really really cool. He taught us a cool technique to pick up investigators from baptisms.
Elder Wright is learning Spanish faster than anyone that I've ever seen. I think he realized that his Spanish wasn't the greatest, and now he just practices and memorizes all the time. It's honestly incredible. He is picking up the language so fast!!! He is a hard worker too. We set some great goals and we're trying to contact like crazy here. It's kind of hard since we have a huge area, but there are really only two areas where there are high concentrations of Spanish people. We have been trying to contact at least 20 a day, which we've attained a few times. We are not teaching the highest amount of lessons right now, but the ones we are teaching are super fantastic. Elder Wright takes the lead on every other door and it's going great. We've been going on bikes as well (2 Santa Rosa trips this month, we ran out of miles) and I let him lead to get to where we need to go. I need a new bike seat, my rear end hurts really bad! He is probably the best greenie that there was.
As far as teaching goes, we are teaching that family that we found through the long Facebook/ Del Taco story. They are super awesome. They read the Book of Mormon and understand it all. They are praying together to know if it is true, and all four of them (them and their two boys, the daughter attends the singles branch) came to all three hours of church. They're really cool. They loved it. This week we;re going to teach them about the Prophet and invite them to conference.
We taught a Fifth Sunday lesson yesterday. We used the June 23rd Broadcast and just told them what we need from them as a branch. I showed the Thomas S Monson clip and related his story of 6 missinoaries to what we have in the branch now. It was great.
In addition to the family that came to church, we also had both the main les active familes from our area (Each companionship got 2 families) came to church. Miracles!!!
So on Facebook a Mormon girl from Mexico added me and then suggested all her Mormon friends to me (over 100). I'm teaching a lot of people in Mexico and I'm getting better at writing in Spanish.
So I think that's it for the week. It was a busy week full of lots of door knocking and street contacting. Sorry that this letter wasn't full of interesting stories. I'll be looking for crazy things to happen so that I can tell you something funny. We're working hard for sure though.
We need your prayers to help us start finding people to teach! Every prayer helps. I love you!
Elder Foster

IMG_0126[1].JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment