Sunday, August 31, 2014

Week 75

So I guess to start off this email with a story from last P Day. We
went to Goodwill while looking for ties, and I decided to go look at
some CDs. And what did I see? Hopeless Romantic by the Bouncing Souls.
My heart stopped and I immediately grabbed it. A flood of memories
from my 17 year old summer came back. I opened up the cd case AND
THERE WAS NO DISC. I looked all over for where it would be but to no
avail. Elder Ford later said "it's probably good that it wasn't in
there, or else it would be in the CD player right now, right?" To
which I replied "you're exactly right." Even though I wouldn't have
actually listened to it. However, I did find the tape to Los Angles by
X at a garage sale for .25 and we're going to pick up the guy as an
investigator!

Also, thank you so much for the cards and gift card! Yellowstone
sounds like the best. Of course the years that I don't go are the
years when you guys see bears! Not even fair. But I'll be there next
year! I loved the fly fishing post card. I can't wait to get back out
and do some fishing again! I'll try and get out with Grandpa again.
It's been too long!

So on Monday we had the best day ever. Well, sort of. We had 3 lessons
fall through. That sucked. But other than that it was a good day!
Because the Alonsos came out with us and we went to our backup plan
and the lessons fell through for a reason! We taught Marco and Norma,
she had read the introduction to the BoM and told us everything
exactly like it is! He hadn't though. But the Alonsos gave powerful
testimonies and we're going to visit them this next week to see how
they're doing! They're going to come to church this next week.

Adrian and Jackie are good! They came to church and everything is good
with them for sure. Thanks for the prayers!

We picked up a new investigator this last week, she's solid! And we've
gotten a lot of referrals!

We had zone conference this last week. All I can say is that the
church is true! No doubt at all.  It was all about the Book of Mormon.
It's normal to have questions about the church, but when it comes down
to it, I feel good when I read the Book of Mormon and everything goes
good when I read it everyday, and that is the basis of my testimony.
President Alba talked a lot about repentance and how we need to focus
on it and teach people what a blessing it is. We also did this thing
that Sister Alba called the "World Cup championship zone conference
finals" where we all split into 5 groups, then we each had to teach a
principle in 3 minutes using a scripture from the Book of Mormon and
so I got the Atonement and I used 3 Nefi 9:21. Well, I won from my
group so I got to go up and do it in front of all of the Napa and
Vallejo zones. The only Elder other than me from the 5 was Elder
Carrillo, and while we were sitting up there in front of everyone I
said to him "this is is worst day of my mission" and he's all "dude
tell me about it" it was nice being up there with someone who didn't
care about winning haha he's a stud. It was fun but scary!

Well a Scripture that is cool is 1 Corinthians 14:33 I love it. Check
it out. Love you guys!

Elder Foster

Ps as of this Sunday I only have 6 months left. 6 months to sexy!

No comments:

Post a Comment