Monday, April 21, 2014

Week 57

March 24

Halfway done with this transfer! So I forgot to write about the best part of last week. We were at stake conference,when all of the sudden, I see our tall, almost black looking less active H walking in- with his wife and kids! So long story short, they are giving their marriage another try. They were at church yesterday too! President P, Elder A, and our branch missionary all told us that we were losing time working with him. But I truly believe that we have been able to help him get to this point. I'm so dang excited.

Our Elder's Quorom President, Joel R, is now coming out with us every Monday. And he came to a lesson with us on Wednesday to teach a man we found on Monday, and he accepted a baptismal date for the 19th of April. I might not be here for it, but he's solid. We have been killing it with contacted and we are getting a lot of return appointments. We're definitely seeing the fruits of our labors. We picked up 3 new investigators last week.

On Saturday, I bought the best hot dog ever from a Mexican Hot Dog stand (following Dad's advice about making a presence with local business in the city). It had jalapeƱo sauce, mayonnaise, tapatio, chiles de arbol, and tomatoes. So delicious.

We had interviews with President Alba and Sister Alba this week. They were really good. President just gave me some advice for the area, and it was awesome because it was already stuff that Elder Teran and I are working on. We are trying to get lots of member present lessons, we are trying to get 20 contacts every single day. We hit it 3 days this last week, which is good considering weekly planning, interviews, p day, and Sunday. We're going for four days this week with 20 contacts.

One of the worst things of all time is that Marylyn is now working, and she doesn't have a set schedule yet (she will in the next few weeks). Unfortunately, that means that we aren't eating with her every Monday. We still get to visit her about once a week, but ending P Day with a delicious dinner at her house was the best. Also, she gave me some dried, crushed up rattlesnake for my skin. Will you look that up and tell me if it works? She says it does, but I don't want to die. Especially since it's imported from Mexico. It supposedly still has venom, which kills the bad skin cells? I'm not sure. Point is, Marylyn is the best and we don't eat with her anymore.

We got a new branch missionary. The problem is, she's pretty much less active. She can only come to church once a month, and that means that she won't be at church to sit with people that we invite her to teach with us. Also, three weeks ago I called her to go out with us, but she REFUSED to even come out with us period. I know there is repentance, but if she's not going to be at church, I want the people that come out with us to teach to sit next to the investigators! We have a second branch missionary with the same problem, she can only come to sacrament. I don't really know what to do, because there are like 15 people I'd rather go out with, who go to church every Sunday. So I don't know what to do to help her magnify her calling... Any suggestions? I guess you could just say I'm frustrated with the buerocracy. And our branch president, but I guess you guys probably don't want to hear about that. You can probably take this paragraph out of the email.

Well, that's about it for the week. It's been good so far. Love you guys and miss you! Feed the missionaries!
Elder Foster

Also, do they speak Spanish in the Galapagos islands? 

No comments:

Post a Comment