Monday, April 21, 2014

Week 60

April 14


 
 

Well, this was my last week in Woodland! 

We had Hugo's family come to church! He's the best. I was definitely called here to help him. Presidente P. told us he was a lost cause, that we couldn't help him, but we brought the spirit into his home, he stopped smoking, he stopped drinking, he and his wife are not getting divorced, and he was even fellowshipping a new member that just moved here from Mexico into the ward! So good things happened in Woodland while I was here. 

I did an exchange in Davis from Tuesday Morning until Wednesday night because of a baptismal interview I had to do  in Winters, so it worked out with miles. Davis reminds me of Austin in certain aspects. Like the neighborhoods are like Austin, Texas neighborhoods (not Pflugerville). It was really diverse. I actually found two super cool Hispanic people there! One was from Colombia. She works at the University, and works closely with BYUI, so she knew about us. She is the first Colombian I've met! And then I met a second cool lady from Chile! She was a former in Chile, we are sending the Hermanas in Davis to go down! She is the first person I've met from Chile!!! Lots of cool people in Davis. I like it a lot!!!! 

Picnic Day was in Davis this Saturday, and when a naked man ran out from a house at 10:15 am, and people walking were already hammered, President Alba told them to get the heck out. So we blitzed Woodland, and it was fun. 

We went to Noodle City in Davis, and Elder Or, the Cantonese master, got the lady there to give us free Chinese bun things with meat inside of them. They were talking in Cantonese, and since Elder Chia only speaks Mandarin, we weren't sure what they were talking about. The lady and Elder Or were laughing, she goes away, and Elder Or says "hey guys. I got us BBQ (He actually said the letters, not barbeque) pork buns. Free, man!" he's the greatest. 

I'm going to miss Elder Teran! He was the companion I needed. We worked way hard, I enjoyed every minute of my time with him. And we're making a choko flan tonight. We've already made real flan, I'll show you guys! I also learned how to make horchata, spicy salsa (just wait guys. 9 serranos!!!), and also Mexican rice, and guacamole. We ate with Marylyn on Friday, and we're eating with her again tonight. I'm saying goodbye! On friday it was her 40th birthday, so we brought her a cake. She's the best!!!!! I'm saying the rest of my goodbye's tomorrow. I'm going to miss serving with Elder Teran! He's one of my favorite companions. It will be hard not to be with him, I feel like just yesterday I was picking him up and me, him, Elder Contla, and Elder Akhmetov were eating pizza with awkward conversation in our apartment. Now we all can't stop talking and laughing. It will be a sad farewell, but Vallejo will be cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment