Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 42

Week 42!
The other day I received revelation (if you can call it that) but a year ago last week, December 5th to be exact, I received my mission call!!! I can't believe it's been that long. Time flies when you're working hard.
So this week was a mediocre one by ths numbers. We doubled the amount of lessons we taught, but it's not hard to double one lesson! So that is good? Bad? I don't know. We worked hard though and contacted like crazy. So I feel as though I've done my part and acted in faith to work in a hard area. But! We received Transfer Doctrine. I will be going to Woodland! With and Elder who came out last transfer, Elder Sabin. He is Elder Smith's MTC comp (Elder Smith is the Elder in the picture of us with the Sharks hats). I'm excited and sad.
I'm going to go tomorrow to say goodbye to the D family. I'm sad to be leaving them. A few weeks ago we ate with them, and they made us this good coconut dessert. I told them I love coconut stuff.  This last week I was on exchanges and didn't get to visit them, but they had made macaroons for me and Elder Wright. I missed the macaroons because of the exchanges, but when I went to Stake Conference Saturday Night for the adult session, L and B had made more and given them to me! I love them so much. I will visit them when I go back. I'm pretty bummed to leave!
I'm glad though too. I've heard Woodland is awesome. My companion's Spanish is supposedly really really good.
Right now I'm writing the email, but in the background I can see the first volume trade of the new 52 Batman series by Scott Snyder. Just so you know!
It's been cold here. We wear coats and sweaters every single day. Because it's COLD. Around 45 during the day, 30s at night, and 20s on the morning walks. No snow, but colder than I would like! And it's been rainy. Not good for tracting when two guys in overcoats that look like the FBI are knocking on the door. Good for sympathy if they actually open though.
Elder Garity goes home today.
We went to another Mexican Party with O(the investigator, not President Or). There were some girls trying to perreonar with Elder Garity, so we left.
That's about it for the week. I can't think of any more crazy stories. I'm glad that I have had 6months in Fairfield. It's helped me grow and change. I love the members here, and will be sad to leave. But at the same time, I'm ready for a new adventure, a new branch, and teaching lessons!
Love,
Elder Foster


No comments:

Post a Comment