Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 41

Thanksgiving week!
I suppose everyone wants to know about Thanksgiving, so I'll start there.
We woke up at 6:30 like normal, walked for 30 minutes, showered, ate, and then... We put on normal clothes!!! To start the day off, we played Ultimate Frisbee (With the frisbee you guys sent me!) in a park. The park was cold and wet, and we all had a great time! We were all sore and worn out after. I must say, I felt really weird playing outside in a park on a Thursday morning with a bunch of other missionaries.
After that, we went to brunch with Cordelia 1st ward. We ate delicious cinnamon rolls and something really similar to poop casserole. I did eat it, but with lots of apple juice as well. The guy we ate with was a jerk though. As we left, all the missionaries were talking about how funny he was, but I'm just glad that I was raised in a family where intellect and manners are cherished, and being a Grade-A uneducated moron is a loss. Well, live and learn. I should probably learn humility, too, but it will come, surely.
We then went a raked leaves.
After that we went to dinner (a 2PM dinner) with the S. There were 11 of us, and 5of them. Their son had just been  released from being a missionary that morning (he served in Kentucky) and so he stuck with us most of the time. We played pool, darts, and a game called Labrinth. It was a lot of fun just to relax and play some games. Then came the dinner. It was pretty good! We had applewood smoked turkey (definitely the best thing there), mashed potatoes, yams, green bean casserole, peas, and cranberry sauce. The usual. There was probably more there (just imagine a normal, american thanksiving and you've got it.) Then we were were done eating we played some more in their basement with their son, and then dessert was ready. We ate apple pie, pumpkin pie, cheesecake, berry tarts, oh man it was all so delicious. I had been losing weight, but I for sure picked it all up again. Worth it? I think so. I loved it all. We also got plates to take home dessert and dinner.
Then we went and visited some members, ate some tamales, hung out for the night. It was a good day, and a sorely needed break.
 
Other than that , I would say a pretty normal week. We went tracting, and this cat came and started following us around. We named it Tiger, and it let us pet it and everything! We decided that it probaly wouldn't ever happen again, so we went back to the car to get a camera to take a picture of our new friend. while we were headed back  to the car, a member from the 2nd ward stopped us and told us to come to his house. So that scared the cat away (thus we have no pictures), and we headed to his house. There are 2 spanish people that live on his street, and he told us to visit them. Neither was home, but now we have 2 referrals. Miracle gato? I'll let you think what you'd like.
 
Also, The picture with Hermano P. Remember the P family from Napa? Well, he came here. Elder Garity is finishing his mission next week, and so he asked Elder Garity if he could take him out to lunch, and asked if I was still in Fairfield so that he could take me out too. Well,  am in Fairfield, and so he took us to Chipotle and brought us Inca Cola! And he gave us marriage/ life advice. I wrote it all down, since this was actually pretty good advice (Better than Hermana N's advice: "Hazme tamales y hazme tortillas, y depues te puedes casar conmigo!).
 
I think that's it for this week. Nothing too special, but a good week all in all. I'll leave you with a though from the Book of Mormon. So we know that Moroni was abridging the plates, he was writing on Gold plates. And you can't erase stuff that you write on Gold Plates. There's this part where Moroni messes up. It's talking about when the Lamanites were being converted and they buried their weapons. Alma 24:19 "And thus we see that, when these Lamanites were brought tobelieve and to know the truth, they were firm, and would suffer even unto death rather than commit sin; and thus we see that they buried their weapons of peace" Did you see the mistake? Weapons of peace. Since he can't erase, he continues "...or they buried the weapons of war, for peace." and that's the verse. I can just picture Moroni saying "I HAVE BEEN ABRIDGING THESE PLATES ALL GOSH DARN DAY, AND I WROTE WEAPONS OF PEACE. COME ON!!!!" Ok so maybe it's not so funny in email, but just maybe try to imagine how angry you would be.
Well, I love you all!
Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment