Monday, May 6, 2013

Week 11


Hello!
So the mission is continuing on! It's weird to think that after being here for a month that I'm already struggling trying to find things to write. We're still teaching, riding bikes, and being missionaries! I guess I do have one interesting story. I was riding my bike, and I rode past a girl that had a Bad Brains shirt on, so I was slowing down so we could contact her (the first punk I've seen since I've been out here) but then a car pulled right in front of me, I had to stop really really fast, so I turned to I wouldn't hit the car, hit the curb, popped my tube, and tore a hole in my slacks. It was right next to the bike shop, so I bought a new tube. I think that's probably the most interesting thing this week!
Also, more about food. Tamarind is awesome, seriously one of my favorite things drink here. People here always say "Quieren agua?" And we say yes, because we always do because everday it's like 95 degrees, and then they bring out Tamarind. It's not water, but it's way good. I don't like the Jarritos as much, because it's carbonated, but really we are always drinking it. As far as bad food, the worst thing that I've eaten here was watermelon with chili powder/ salt whatever. It was awful. But so far, that's been the only thing that I haven't liked.
Sorry this is short, there isn't a whole ton to write this week, so I guess I'll share a scripture. Mosiah 4:27 (you can cut and paste it in for the blog, I don't know exactly what it says). I like it, because we need to do the best we can, and be diligent, and that's all that matters. It's been helping me out this last week!
So I guess that's it, but I love you all and hope everything is well!
Love,
Elder Mufosta!

As far as Cinco De Mayo, it was fast Sunday, which means for Spanish missionaries we hardly get out at all! We went to church, then we leave at 1:30 and go to the other missionaries' apartment, study the language until 2:30, do the 12 week training program until 3:30, study together until 4, when we have the hour of prayer to break the fast. At 5 we go to dinner at the church building where a bunch of old people feed us until about 6:30, when we go to the Stake Center to do numbers, and then at 8 we go to scone night with the Perez Family! So Cinco de Mayo was shot before it began. But everywhere around our apartment people were listening to loud music and it was crazy. And also, a few times a week we hear gunshots and there are always stabbings around our apartments. People here tell us we live in the most dangerous part of Napa. I think  that as long as I stay out of Vallejo, I'm fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment