Sunday, May 5, 2013

Week 10


Week 10 was an awesome week here in Napa! I'll start with some good news- 8 new investigators!!! 2 with a baptismal date! It was quite incredible, and it is Elder Alvarado's new record for investigators in one week! It should be a great week coming up, teaching them all and helping out the branch!
So to answer some questions- Our branch is awesome. About 98% of the people here (in the Branch, but also just in Napa) are from Michoacan. I have no idea how to spell that. If they're not from Michoacan, they're from Jallisco. Literally everybody here.
As far as the food we're eating here, it's really really really really good. There honestly has not been a meal here that I haven't loved. Usually whatever we eat comes with corn tortillas and queso fresco. And if you guys haven't had queso fresco, go to the store right now and buy some. Make some rice and beans, and put all three in a corn tortilla (the good kind of corn tortilla, soft but warm!!!). It will change your life. I eat lots of avocados and tomatoes in the apartment. We cook our own food for lunch and breakfast, but there have only been three days where we haven't eaten dinner with a member/ investigators! Really, it's awesome. Tonight we're eating Peruvian food, I'm excited!
So I don't think I have too much to write this week. We've just been doing work! I'll do a better job of writing down stuff that I want to write home.
The Spanish is getting better, I just have to practice everyday!
The lady across from me is crazy, she's just talking to herself and it's distracting! But I love you all, I'll do a better job of writing next week! Love you!
Elder Mufosta!!!
 
PS. There is a family here, and the husband was baptized a year ago. The wife has been baptized for awhile, and they have a five year old kid. Honestly, one of my favorite familys in the branch, they're great. But his little brother is serving in the Salt Lake City South mission, so if you ever see an Elder Corro from Napa, tell him I know his family!

No comments:

Post a Comment