Friday, November 22, 2013

Week 39

Week 39! Those numbers are getting up!
Well, it was a good week! We taught the D. family about the temple and eternal marriage. They will be going there before 2014 to do baptisms. We are eating with them tonight. She makes the best food.
I heard you got pictures from service! That family is the Ls. We ate Posole with them, and it was probably the best posole I've eaten. Normally posole is really, really, really filling and feels like you've eaten a rock that sits in your stomach and makes you fat, but this posole was light and delicious, so I ate 2 bowls and probably got more fat. But oh well! I love Mexican food so much. I could eat it all day long. This morning Hermana F. made us beans, rice, and fried bananas for breakfast as we did our laundry. It was so great!
This week we did pick up a few investigators (2), but there was one story I wanted to share!
A few weeks ago we got a referral from some missionaries in Vacaville saying that they talked to a guy named W. They talked to him for like an hour, was supposedly really interested, and gave them his address. A few weeks ago we went to visit him, but we found this guy named O. at the address. When we asked for Winston, he made it seem like he had no idea who we were talking about. So we talked to him, he accepted us to come back. The week after we met a lady named M. over there, said she would be interested, told us to come back. Nothing too promising, but when you don't have to many investigators, you take what you can get! We had a meeting at 7, and finished dinner at 6, so we had an hour. We did some work, and were in the area of his house at like 6:50. We had 10 minutes before the meeting, and we knew that if we knocked, we would be late. On a scale of 1-10, I was like a 2 on how much I wanted to go to their house. But I decided that we would at least set up a return appointment since they lived far away and it wouldn't be worth it to drive out again. So we knocked, and I thought it was O., but it was indeed W!! Who did, in fact, live in that house, and who was, in fact, very interested in the Gospel! He even hugged us he was so happy to see us! So it was a great miracle. We will teach him soon!!!!
We are going to the temple this Wednesday! And not only just going, but we are being taken by Brother Amado (whose brother is a member of the first quorom of the 70), and who, wouldn't you know, just retired from being the head chief of security in the oakland temple for 23 years! He has some amazing, crazy, sacred stories. I'm so excited to go with him. As part of that trip, for the last week we've studied the Atonement every single day. It's been really great. I read chapter 3 of Jesus The Christ, and te part of the book from the last supper to the asencion of Jesus. It's been such a great week for studies!
We also had interviews with President. Mine was really good. I got to tell him a lot of stuff that has been weighing me down and it was super nice. He gave me some advice and it was a great experience. 
Also, for a funny story, last Monday I felt like garbage at like 7:30, so we went to Wal Mart, I bought some Nyquil Severe, and we went and had language study. I took some of the hardcore nyquil and sat down in my chair, and I was staring at the wall for about 10 minutes before I was out cold on my desk. But around Wednesday I started to feel pretty good again.
Well, thanks for all of the love and support! I miss you all and love you so much!
Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment