Friday, November 22, 2013

Week 37

I would be lying if I said this week wasn't slow, but there were some good things that happened!
This morning, I had the opportunity to give a blessing to the mother of a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy! It was a good experience.
Last week, we also had the chance to give E. D. a blessing. He stopped drinking 8 months ago, but is still having side effects. He shakes and he gets anxious at work. He told us that after the blessing, he felt really calm, and the next morning he woke up very calm. Then he went to work, and he realized that he had been doing one of the jobs that makes him anxious without even feeling anxious! He says that he knows that the blessing helped, and his mother wants a blessing too.  They are also doing missionary work already! They have invited many friends to the baptism, and they want their friends to meet us so that we can teach them! Unfortunately, none of their friends live in our area, but they will be taught! They had their interview on Friday and they passed! During the interviews, since they were one at a time, we watched Mormon Messages. And while we were watching the video Temple Blessings El Salvador Temple (OR something like that. About the kids dancing and stuff) B., the mom, and the dad all teared up. I have no doubt that they will be sealed as soon as possible after their baptism. I am 100% sure that this family is the reason I was called to Fairfield. Next week, I will write the whole story front to back. Keep them in your prayers. They are the most prepared family.
Other than that... Not much happened this week. We are talking to tons of people on the street, but everyone in our area is white or black. So we pretty much just talk to black people in hopes that we will find Spanish people that live by them. No dice right now. We found a neighborhood on the map with a street called Chula Vista, and with a name like that, how could you now tract it??? We'll see how it looks. I sure hope it's chula.
I don't think I wrote it in my last email, but last Sunday I finished reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish. There is no doubt in my mind that it is true. I learned so much this time through. It has more power than any other book that I've read. I've seen it change the lives of the D family and of L. G. I know that the honest seeker of truth will find it in the Book of Mormon.
That's everything for this week!
Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment