Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 46

One more week down and into a new year! I can't believe that it is 2014 right now. It's super crazy. It feels like only a few weeks ago that I spent the New Years at a ska and cheese party. I can say that I celebrated like I did last year a little. Last year Jake and I bought some Lemonade and Honey Arizonas. This year, I bought a gallon of Lemonade and Honey Arizona, and I drank half a gallon (Diabetes, I know. It was a new years splurge.) . I can say that I didn't throw up, but I stayed up until about 11:30 urinating because I drank so much of it right at 9. It was a good day! 
Elder A and Elder V have both been sick, so they have been chilling at the apartment all week long, and this next week all of the Zone Leaders are going to MLC in Camp Liahona for 3 days, so Elder S and I have the apartment to ourselves for 3 days. It will be a little weird. 
We had a really succesful week as far as proselyting goes. We found quite a few new investigators, set a baptismal date in our area and a baptismal date for a lady in Mexico through Facebook! She is meeting with the missionaries down there currently. 
The bad thing about this week was pretty much the whole town of Woodland is sick. We had 2 investigators that were pretty solid to come to church yesterday. On Saturday night we went to visit them to see if there was anything we could do to help them attend. We walked into the first lady's home, and she told us that she was sick and couldn't go. You could tell that she was being serious. We watched a Mormon Message with her and got out so we didn't get sick. We then went to the second lady's house, and she was even more sick! I was so chapped because they need to come to church gosh dangit! So right now, I am taking 1,500% of the daily amount of Vitamin C just to be safe. But for real. Both of them sick?? Come on!!! 
But now for the good part- We had 8 less actives at church. One family, and two other guys came. It was sweet to see the results of our efforts. They really enjoyed it. 
Good thing #2- Old Spice is now making shampoo. I have said always that the only problem with Old Spice is that they don't make shampoo. But now they do. I am currently using Wolfthorn deoderant, body wash, and shampoo, and Old Spice pomade. Should I be an old Spice salesman??? 
#3- we ate dinner this week with the elders Quorom President. He is hilarious. His name is Joel R. He was converted at age 8, served a mission in Mexico, then came to the states a few years after. He is 34, speaks good but funny English. The dinner was pizza and juice, and I don't think I've ever laughed so hard. He told us things like "Sin el bautismo, you don't even can see the Celestial Kingdom. You don't even can see it!" or when telling us the story of how he met the lady to whom he is now engaged "La vi, y empece a mirarla como un fox!" I was dying the whole dinner. But he likes me a lot, and pretty much told me that whenever we need him for a lesson to call him. Score!!!! 

Well, it's been a good week. I miss you guys!!!! Hope all is well. 
Elder Foster 

No comments:

Post a Comment