Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 45


Christmas week! 

So I'm sure everyone wants to know how Christmas went! To start off, thank you for all of the presents. I'm a spoiled little kid ;) And I willl probably never have to buy shaving stuff again! I might actually be able to grow a full beard before this 2 years ends!

Skyping you guys was definitely one of the most positive experiences I've had on my mission. I miss you guys, and that gave me the strength I need to keep going and keep working! Even though I wasn't with you guys, I felt your love on Christmas.
After we Skyped, we went and visited some less actives who don't have families and gave them Christmas cards. One of the guys was really really thankful, and he came to church yesterday! So that felt really good. It felt nice to get out and spread some of the Savior's Love on Christmas Day.
After that we went to a park and played Ultimate Frisbee for about an hour and a half. It was really fun, good to get out in the sun (it was warm for the first time in a long time!!!) and play some sports.
 
Then we went to a member's house in Esparto. There were 10 missionaries! All of the spanish missionaries from the Woodland Spanish Branch, and then one companionship of Spanish sisters from Winters. It was crazy! In addition to us, the Branch President and his family came. It was awesome. We ate chicken, tortillas, tamales, carne asada, menudo, and pozole for dinner. After that we ate dessert, which consisted of flan, milk jello, and this weird sweet potatoe stuff  that is awesome. So it was a huge Mexican party, and it felt like family.
As far as the rest of the week goes, just normal work. It has been slow as far as teaching lessons with the holidays. but from 6PM-9PM tonight we have 4 lessons planned, and 2 with members coming. I don't know how that's all going to work, but it should be good! Finding has been good, we are contacting lots, but I like knocking doors, and Elder A and Elder S didn't do that as much, so we are going to start doing that more! We are finding lots of cool people though.
My district is really cool. I have the Hermanas from Dixon (one of which is from Spain, the other knows sammie, her name is Hermana L), the zone leaders, and Elder S. District Meetings are in Spanish, which is fun and a good challenge.
It's been a good week! Hopefully this next week will be an awesome one for you guys as well.
Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment