Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 100

Well, this is it! My last P-Day. I don't really know where to start, but I guess the best place to start would be with a funny little adventure yesterday. We went to go visit an investigator named Roberto. Roberto has this really rambunctious but super cute border collie mix with something else dog. Well when we opened his gate the dog went out. Or flew out was the better word, and by the time we got to the car Pancho (the dog AKA Fransisco) was already down the street and so we got in the car and we each said a little prayer in our hearts. My prayer was "Please let us get this dog and that it doesn't get hit by a car." Well about half a mile later we caught up to it and opened up the car door and Pancho was really really really excited for a car ride. He got in shotgun and Elder Beeston moved to the backseat. Of course on the way back everyone and their neighbor was outside and I can only imagine based on their puzzled expression what they were thinking seeing a missionary driving a truck and a dog sticking his out of the passenger side window. Well we got Pancho back, our investigator wasn't there, and since we didn't have a way to vacuum our car we lint rolled the heck out of it. 

This last week we also had a half-mission conference in Santa Rosa. Elder Brent H. Nielson of the 70 came and spoke to us. It was really awesome, he and his wife were amazing speakers! I learned a lot. President Alba spoke to us about living after the manner of happiness and it was full of good stuff and advice for being at home. As far as Elder Nielson goes I can give you guys the neety greety later, but his two best quotes were "Raise your hands if while you're out in people's homes you've found anything better than the church. That's right, because there isn't." And "If you don't have any trials, the plan of salvation isn't working in your life." All in all it was a really cool experience and I got to see a ton of friends like Elders Fonseca, Smith, Dunlap, Sabin, and AP Wright! By the way, President and Elder Wright are going to be there for the sealing. 

Finishing my mission in a 7 week transfer is like peeling off a band-aid slowly. But I'm going to end with no regrets and make sure that this area is getting left better than I found it, and I feel like that's where it is right now.

My mission has meant a lot to me. I can't believe it's over, I feel like just the other week I was writing you guys my very first email from the MTC. Even though it feels short, when I look back at who I was then compared to who I am now it's changed me a lot. Of course I still like punk rock and Pokemon and superheroes and Star Wars, but I have my priorities straight. As sad as it will be to stop being a missionary I'm excited to put into practice all the things I've learned and to see you guys again. I'll always remember the amazing miracles like the baptisms of Lupe, the Diaz family, and Grace. I'll also remember all of the challenging companions and struggles and how they helped me grow. There will always be a special place in my heart for companions like Elder Wright, Elder Lopez, and Elder Hansen. My first day in the MTC I don't think I had the hope that I could ever speak Spanish. So many of the people that have influenced not only my mission but how I want to live the rest of my life were people who didn't speak any English. I'll miss Vallejo and the members that taught me so much, Crescent City with a Brother Tinsley and all of the investigators and success that we saw. 

I'm really excited for the sealing of the Diaz family! I can't express in words how much that family means to me and the love I feel for them. They really are just like family. I'm excited for you guys to meet them, and they are really excited to meet you! If for nothing else (and there is a lot else) I'm glad that I came on a mission to help the Diaz family get baptized. I really do love them with all my heart. Keep them in your prayers as they finish their preparation to enter into the temple. I can't wait for their sealing. I'm excited to see you guys, but I'm just as excited to come back and see them take the next step. They are life-long friends.

Just like Alma "... did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord", I'm going to be really happy to see you guys. See you next week! 

Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment