Sunday, November 16, 2014

Week 88



So this week has been a good week! The work is picking up in Spanish, we were able to teach 5 Spanish lessons, which is definitely a step up from where we were while we were doing English and Spanish. This week there was a ton of rain at the beginning of the week, but since Friday the rain has stopped and it's been sunny! However with the stupid time change it is dark at 6 when we finish dinner so we can't really tract after dinner. This week hasn't really been as interesting as some past weeks, so this might not be as long of an email as you guys usually get, but I'll do my best! Every day (except Monday and Halloween) we contacted 20-40 people! And about half were Hispanic.

So I'll talk about Halloween first. We weekly planned during the day, and President Alba told us to stay inside at night, so for dinner we went to the Simmon's house, which is a Colombian family. They made papa murphys pizza and played uno. Yesid and I talked about Colombia for a long time, about the economy and the culture. I felt pretty intelligent having a conversation like that all in Spanish. The only problem is I realized I'm too Mexican! I said the word "guero" and he was all "como? Que dijo?" And I said "que chido!" And he was all "como?" I'm just too Mexican. We should go to Costa Rica and get it taken out of me ;) But after that we went back to the pad, drank Jones soda and ate warheads. 

Yesterday we went to a potential's house and he was having a carne Asada, he told us that if we shared ate tacos with his salsa we could share a message with everyone there. So we ate it, it was spicy and made out of habaneros and we shared about the Book of Mormon. So that was all good and then at night we went to a less active family's house and taught them about family history. Well the 18 year old kid is coming back into the church strong, he loves us a ton, he's like one of my best friends. Well when the lesson is over he says "hey Elder a Foster! You should eat a habanero with me" so like any Spanish missionary I heated up a corn tortilla, rolled it up, took a bite and put in the whole habanero. Well it was spicy, but I obviously handled it. However at about four in the morning it was a different story saben que....

So one last story! In first Ward there is this guy named Patrick. He has kind of a funny raspy voice and he's an old man. Elder Mortenson does a pretty good impression of his voice, and we had all heard it before. We I had never met him before until Saturday. We were out knocking doors in an apartment complex. This guy answers the door in the shortest pink bathrobe ever and he says "hey boythhhssss" and immediately I knew that it was the infamous Patrick because of the impressions, and I had the biggest smile on my face, and it was all that I could do to not laugh. Well elder Payne didn't catch on, they start talking and then Elder Payne asks if he is a member and so he says "yes, I'm Patrick" and at that point I just couldn't contain myself, I started laughing but pretending to cough like I was having an allergy attack and elder Payne covered for me way good. I owe him. It was hilarious. 

For our last P Day as this district we are going bowling and having a competition. I probably won't win, but elder Mortenson and Hastings bought me an XXL Wu Tang Clan shirt at Wal Mart for $5 (they owed me anyway) and so it's my good luck shirt. Remember, "Cash Rules Everying Around Me." 

Love you guys!

Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment