Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 44

Sooooooo a lot of stuff happened this week.

To start off, we had the Christmas devotional! It was a wonderful, uplifting experience. I don't think the actual talking about Christmas had too much of an effect on me. It was touching and spiritual, but nothing incredible for me. And then!!! We had some special musical numbers. I can honestly say that I have never felt the spirit that strongly when I listen to music. It was wonderful to hear all the missionaries singing and praising the birth of Jesus. 
Then, we had the party. It was so great to see all of the missionaries that have made a difference to me on my mission. I saw Elder L (who I haven;t seen since he left), Hermana B and W, Hermana Ch Elder W,F, and S, Elder W, and just so many missionaries that have blessed and changed my life. If I had never decided to come on a mission, I never would have had the opportunity to meet these missionaries. I loved it.
 
Woodland is great. It is a large branch with many youth. We had a Christmas party with over 100 people show up. We had 10 people that we invited show up. It was so successful! And the tamales were great. I don't know why we can't be hispanic!!! We are mostly biking. The area is good. There was not a lot of finding done last transfer, so we are trying to build up the teaching pool! Elder S is awesome. A little republican, but I can deal with it. That's why we're on missions! But it did teach my that I would like my wife to be on my end of the spectrum. Darn politics. 
We have so many members willing to teach with us, and the branch is on board with missinionary work. I love it! 

I don't know what else to write about. I'm super excited for Christmas. I love you guys and hope all is well! 
Elder Foster 

No comments:

Post a Comment