Monday, April 1, 2013

April 1

4/1/13
Today is my last day in the MTC! 3 of the Elders in my district are leaving today for Oaxaca at around 7:30, we're going to see them off.
Yesterday was Easter Sunday in the MTC, and we had devotional on top of devotional! First was the Easter Sunday Devotional/ Sacrament Meeting. We all thought it was going to be an Apostle, and it wasn't. It was Bishop Causse. I guess that it's the first time in a long time an Apostle hasn't given the Easter Morning Devotional. When he walked in, the disappointment was tangible in the air, but I thought of the scripture in D&C ".... Whether By mine own voice or the voice of my servants, it is the same." He was a good speaker, and I'm glad we had something that cool to do on Easter Sunday. It was also the most amount of people the Sacrament had been passed too, over 3,200 people!
After that we had a district testimony devotional, which was good. Our district is really cool. That was followed by a Fast and Testimony meeting for our whole zone. That evening, we had the regular Sunday Night Devotional. Sheri Dew was the speaker, and I must say that she is an amazing lady! Her devotional was phenomenal, and I'm glad that I got to see her before I left! After every Sunday Night Devotional we watch films, so my district went and saw a devotional by Uchdorf back from when Gordon B. Hinkley was still Prophet. It was nice!
By far my favorite devotionals here have been from M. Russell Ballard, Stephen B. Allen, and Elder Aidukaitis. Of the films we've seen, the best have been Missions are Forever by Elder Holland, Character of Christ by Elder Bednar, and Following the Spirit by Elder Bednar. I'm not sure if you're able to see those, because they're past MTC devotionals, but you should check. 
I'm sick this week. I think I have a sinus infection, and I haven't had my voice for three days. It's been kind of a bummer, but I'm scared to go to the doctor here, since I'm leaving so soon. I'll see if the lovely Northern California air will clear me up and get my sinuses clean. If not, I can go to a doctor there and ask about Advair. I'm bummed out that I'm sick though, because there was so much good music! Probably every single one of my favorite hymns was sung. Come Thou Font of Every Blessing, Lead Kindly Light (admittedly not well, people just don't understand 3/2 time!), Battle Hymn of the Republic, and Nearer My God To Thee. At the Easter devotional there was a special musical number by three Hermanas. One on piano, the other on flute, and the last singing. They played Savior Redeemer of My Soul, and I must say that that is a powerful song! Also, because we're leaving, my district sang Con Valor Marchemos. I couldn't sing because I had lost my voice, so I just mouthed, but I don't think anyone could really tell. It sounded great!
Last night in the residency we sang Hasta Ver in the style that I wrote about a few emails ago. I loved it, it is probably the closest I'll get to a folk punk show at Elder Teage's house, so I did my best to make it worthwhile and remember for the next two years!
I think that that's it for this week, next week I'm sure I'll have much more interesting stories. Honestly the MTC is pretty boring, and I'm sick of the food. Excited to go out and serve! 
Love,
Elder Mufosta

No comments:

Post a Comment