Friday, November 22, 2013

Week 38

Ok so this week... Crazy stuff!
Well to start off we have an Elder in our branch that is a tool. He drives me nuts and tests my patience but pretty much he acted like a fool at a dinner, I got ticked, and all in all President Alba called all 5 of us and rebuked us. So I was ticked. So ticked. I was very frustrated. He called us to repentance, but when I prayed I didn't feel like I needed to repent for the dinner, only for being angry.
Speaking of anger, I found a cure to it kind of. Branch council usually makes me want to carve my spleen out with a rusted saw, but this time I found out a solution! I can just look at the picture of the Oakland Temple and not focus, and it all works out!!!
Also, while tracting, we went to a place called Chula Vista. So Elder Wright and I took some Chula pictures because we weren't having success.
We also ate tacos de lengua with a sweet Recent Convert. They were super good. Probably not as good as what you were eating, but it was good. Also speaking of being angry and food, I would have been angry if you guys had visited me!  So thank you for not doing it!
Ok so now, with the D. Family....
8 Months ago E. D. stopped drinking. He had a hard time, but ever since then he had felt the need to take his family back to church. He shared these feelings with his wife, but when she tried to take the family to a church he never felt like it was right. So he prayed to know what church was the true church of God.
About 3 months ago, Elder Camper talked to a girl in the street. Her name was B. D. A few days later, he went to add her on facebook, and narrowed it down to two people, so he added both. A few days/ weeks? later he went into Del Taco, where a young women (different than the one he had really communicated with) was working. The conversation is as follows
"I think you added me on Facebook"
"No, I don't think so"
"Your name is Elder Camper, I have you right here"
"Oh wow... that's strange"
"Yeah it is."
Then continued asking about why his name said Elder, about what he does, and so they continued talking on facebook.
Then Elder Camper came here, visited her with Elder Walker, and her mom was very interested as well. So they set up a return appointment with me and Elder Lopez. We taught them the Restoration, they started reading the Book of Mormon, the atonement changed their lives and here they are with a testimony!!!
There are many other influences on their decision to get baptized (miraculous Priesthood blessings, kids wanting to change, love of the feelings in Sacrament Meeting), but the most important part is now they are members of the Church of Jesus Christ!
I baptized the 14 year old and L.
You should have seen E.'s face when he came up out of the water. I cried. Definitely the best day of my life.
President Alba spoke at the Baptism, and the spirit was so strong. Afterwards I gave him a hug and told him "Thank you for keeping me here." He looked at me with tears in his eyes and said "Elder Foster, I was going to send you away. But The Lord knew that you loved this family and He kept you here." I loved it.
The Lord has prepared people! I love my mission. I was with them from the first lesson until the baptism. It was miraculous.
Best day of my life.
Well I love you guys and miss you! I hope all is well.
Elder Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment